"Hollywood Hairspray 7" (Perris Records; 2007)
Reviewed by R. Scott Bolton
A new Hollywood Hairspray CD is like a visit from an old friend: You can be sure you're going to have a good time.
"Hollywood Hairspray 7" is a collection of fourteen tracks from glam bands around the world. As usual with these CDs, how much you'll enjoy "Volume 7" depends on how much you enjoy the genre in the first place. Most of the tracks here are solid rockers (especially Neondaze's "Intoxicated" with its big RATT-like chords) but one or two are just a bit too cheesy to truly get into (S.E.X. Department's "Call Me, Call Me Baby").
Bottom line: If you're a fan of the glam rock genre, then "Hollywood Hairspray Volume 7" is not only a great CD to add to your collection, but a great way to find bands you might want to hear again.
Following is the CD tracklisting:
1. ROLLER "Candy It Up" (USA)
2. DENNIS DAVELIN "Ladies Of The Eighties" (Denmark)
3. MAD MARGRITT "Don't Say A Word" (USA)
4. STARRATS "Psycho You" (Denmark) (previously unreleased)
5. FORD T "I'm A Rebel" (Denmark)
6. S.E.X. Department "Call Me, Call Me Baby" (Italy)
7. MIDNIGHT COWBOYS "Hollywood Blvd." (Sweden)
8. NEONDAZE "Intoxicated" (Sweden)
9. SYZZY ROXX "Arrested" (German)
10. SNAKEBITE "Beautiful Emily" (Italy)
11. BURNING ANGEL "Walk Through The Fire Of Love" (Sweden)
12. HIGH-SCHOOL MOTHERFUCKERS "Backstage Baby" (France)
13. LOVEBONE "B.O.N.E." (USA)
14. THE PUNISHERS "Faster, Harder, Deeper" (Spain)
For more information, check out http://www.perrisrecords.com.
A classic. This record will kick your ass.
Killer. Not a classic but it will rock your world.
So-so. You've heard better.
Pretty bad. Might make a nice coaster.
Self explanatory. Just the sight of the cover makes you wanna hurl.
Back to CD Reviews Home
Back to RoughEdge.com Home
Copyright © 2009 by R. Scott Bolton. All
Revised: 04 Oct 2018 19:54:50 -0400 .